Friday 20 September 2013

Designers Block 16

Designers Block 16
Festival undercroft, Beledere road, London

This was a really funky exhibition showcasing some really quirky up and coming designers, here are my favorites!


Festival undercroft
Quirky bar design
Bar brick detail

 Exhibition Favorite

My absolute favorite piece at this exhibition was by Keira Rathbone, typewriter artist!


At first to be completely honest I wasn't that impressed by this exhibit it just looked like a white room with charcoal sketches printed on acetate hanging in it until Keira came over and explained just how she created the sketches then I took a second look in awe! This has to be one of the funkiest things Ive seen this year!











 Keira pulled out a typewriter and sat down on a little stool and typed these images!!


 Typing people as they walked past I asked her how she realised she could use a type writer to draw and she said she had always wanted to type but had nothing to say so just started playing around with the type writer and discovered the marks could be used to create images rather than words!



Natalie Sampson Designs


Brutalite - Rebekah McEvoy










Brutalite - Rebekah McEvoy
 
Rob Elford
Rob Elford



Worlds Largest Lava Lamp
Worlds Largest Lava Lamp


Thank you for viewing my post hope you enjoyed it







1 comment:

  1. Really good stuff here. I'm particuarlly liking the brick work bar and the art pieces from Natalie Sampson. I'd love to have those hanging in either my house or my studio; hell, maybe both.

    I think I'm going to look at Keira's stuff more closely. The discovery of and development of the typewriter art speaks more to her creativity than the pieces that she has created, and they are quite nice.

    Nice blog. I will definitely be back for more of this good stuff.

    ReplyDelete