Tuesday 3 September 2013

Go Rhino!

GO RHINOS
13th July-22nd Sept

Reveal

Marwell Zoo is celebrating its 40th Anniversary with a Rhino themed public art event.
A mass of Rhino sculptures have been let loose around the streets and parks of Southampton.
 Decorated by a combination of local artists and local schools each Rhino has its own story.

Glint - This is one of my favorites

Glint
This was a lovely way to spend a sunny morning with my friend and her son.  
We were restricted on time (as I had to go to work) so only managed to spot 34 out of the 92 Rhino sculptures
The Go Rhino app was a good way to keep track of the ones you've found and to find your way to the next one.

Flossy
I loved that the Rhinos were out on the streets on a trail as it meant I visited and explored places I have never been, believe it or not even though I have lived in this area my whole life I actually went to places I didn't know existed and discovered Southampton has some nice parks! Who knew!

Rafiki - This Rhino represented the Mayflower Theatre and the iconic shows that have visited it
Rafiki - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Rafiki - Fiddler on the Roof
Spot - This Rhino is covered in 161 self portraits by the children from Bishops Waltham's Infant school

Handsome The Rhino - Decorated with the hand print of every child at the school

Reginald
RhinOSeros


Sunny
Kyma
Kyma
Kyma
Mrs Hearty
Mrs Hearty
Wonderland






Rosie
Rosie


Newton

Dock Rhino
Dock Rhino
Will



Add caption
Askari
Erica
Oakley
Jules Rhinestone
Jumbo Joker
Jumbo Joker
Sunset of the Rhino Worlds
Wheres Ralph?


Thank you for reading I hope you enjoyed this post




No comments:

Post a Comment